Saturday, October 18, 2008

Departure...

In 48 hours I will be arriving at Logan Airport to begin my long journey to Uganda. Getting there is going to be half the adventure as I will not be getting to my "hotel" room in Mbarara until Thursday around lunch time. Approximately 66 hours after I leave home.

I am anxious and excited to arrive and see what the community is like. I will be the first to admit that I am a little terrified as well, but it is adding to the excitement. Stomach is churning, palms getting a bit sweaty...although not Darren level yet...

Anyway, I just wanted to get the first post out of the way. I hope that by posting to this blog, I will be able to provide everyone with a little bit of insight into my stay in Uganda and the work I will be doing. I plan and expect to be able to post pictures as well.

I will have fairly regular access to email, so if you do have any questions or just want to say hi, feel free to drop me an email (josh.kahane@gmail.com).

As some of you know, the plan is for me to be back in Boston on December 26th. If things have gone well up until that point, I will most likely be returning to Uganda shortly thereafter, but because of all the uncertainty surrounding my program (meaning they haven't done this before) Dr. Bangsberg and I agreed this would be a good way to test it out. Anyway, time to start packing...

Mweraba

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Josh,
Thanks for a wonderful posting describing your daily life and your extraordinary activities. Not sure I want to see the video of the goat roast but it sure reads like you were having a great time. Love you and thrilled athearing about all you have seen and done.
Hi from Grandpa and love from Grandma Flo